Energy Guide: Summer Energy-Saving Tips
Need a few simple tips for saving energy this summer? You’ve come to the right place!
- Remember to set your air conditioner thermostat as high as comfortable.
- A recommendation would be 78 degrees or higher when you’re at home, and 85 degrees when you are not.
- Clean your filters regularly for efficient operation.
- Minimize your indoor heat by running the dryer and dishwasher at night on hot days and letting your dishes air dry during the day.
- Try to avoid any type of heat-generating light bulbs and use a microwave, toaster oven, or a grill instead of the oven.
- Always set your water heater to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remember to keep your blinds and windows closed during the day and open them at night so that your home can remain insulated for either coolness or heat with no-cost.
- Windows and house fans are the best low-cost ways to stay cool and comfortable.
- Wash your clothes in cold water and clean the lint filter in the dryer after every use.
- S Prev